The focus of the Media, Arts & Technology Academy is media and computer literacy for 21st century learners within an academic and arts based course of study to prepare for college and/or a career in design, visual, media arts, and technology.
Creative people should apply!
- Fulfill A-G Requirements within an arts and technology based curriculum
- Explore artistic talents and prepare for a career in Design, Visual, Media Arts & Technology
- Evaluate media messages and learn how to use digital devices
- Santa Monica College LA Hi-Tech Program
- USC's Gaming Degree Program
- UCLA's Visual and Performing Arts Program
- Los Angeles County Museum of Art
- Museum of Contemporary Art
- Los Angeles Repertory Theater
- Thespian Society
- Santa Monica College (SMC)
- West Los Angeles College (WLAC)
- Santa Monica College Articulation Agreement
Field Trips and Guest Speakers
- Trips to museums, competitions, colleges, etc.
- Speakers from the media, arts, and technology industry
- Focus on Media Literacy in English, Social Studies, and Math classes
- Learn how to evaluate media messages
- Use digital devices for assignments and projects
- Create art and films in your English and Social Studies classrooms
- Choose Honors and Advanced Placement classes
- Media, Arts, & Technology students have full access to the VHS sports programs