Skip to main content

The Original Venice High School Building

Venice Union Polytechnic High School opened its doors to 52 Students in 1911.  The school’s first principal , Cree T. Work, was selected by Abbott Kinney himself. 

In 1913 a new 29 acre site was purchased at 13000 Venice Boulevard for $72,500.00 

In 1914 a fire destroyed the bath house (the original site of the school).  New brick buildings went up quickly on the site and the school opened on October 28, 1914.

Myrna Loy sculpture in front of original building
Colorized postcard of Venice High School
Front of Venice High with Model T Cars